Friday, November 5, 2010

what is best

There are only two categories of admirable battles in this world:

1. to right wrongs

2. to achieve betterment

okay. duh.

but.
if you reduce 'what is effectively happening' with your every action, or your job, or your expenses ... you better see that they fall into one of these two categories.

If they don't... then your actions are A. evil or B. indifferent (and therefore a waste - which I would argue is evil (n.b. seemingly neutral actions are generally in keeping with larger goals)

I no longer believe in the mantra "oh its not a question of right and wrong, but just different". I don't believe this in art. I don't believe this in "life". I believe things (art, actions, music, laws, relationships, etc.) in their atomic form (but as they relate to their surroundings) must either be contributing "good" or correcting "bad" in order to be Good. And some things turn out Bad. I'm not sure whether webs of things can be measured in this way. Consider that the back-to-nature movement might be equally contributing betterment same as Apple...

I DIDN'T MEAN TO RAMBLE... I'm currently stuck in this quicksand....which may turn into an oasis... or maybe I should just let my parents yank me out and swing me home



No comments: